Hepburn Health Service Board Director | Western - Hepburn

Search Tips

Close


Posted on 28-Oct-2019
Application Close Date: 02-Dec-2019
Location:
Western - Hepburn
Category:
Health
Position Type:
Other
Job Reference:
VGB/GRHHS2020
Attachments:

Forthcoming Vacancies on Hepburn Health Service Board of Directors

The Minister for Health, the Hon Jenny Mikakos MP, is pleased to invite applications for part time board positions on the Board of Directors of Hepburn Health Service with terms of office commencing from 1 July 2020.  

Safe and high quality healthcare for all Victorians is a priority of the Victorian Government. Applicants for board directorships must be able to demonstrate and provide evidence in support of the skills they identify in their applications.

The Hepburn Health Service Board of Directors would particularly welcome applicants with expertise in Law to fill an identified gap in their current board skills profile. Please refer to the attached Position Description for more details about the competencies needed on health service boards. 

Hepburn Health Service is a major provider of public health and wellbeing services across Hepburn Shire in Central Victoria delivering a comprehensive range of integrated programs and services that are focussed on maintaining and improving the health and wellbeing of those living in these communities. 

Hepburn Health Service supports a rural population of 15,000 people across 1,473 square kilometres. Approximately 55 percent of our population reside in the major townships of Clunes, Creswick, Daylesford and Trentham with the remaining population (45 percent) residing in the many small townships, villages and rural areas across the Shire.

The Boards of Hepburn Health Service and Kyneton District Health have formally endorsed a proposal to voluntarily amalgamate. The proposal aims to enhance the capability of both health services to meet the current and future needs of the community, and improve access high quality health care, locally.

The proposal has been submitted to the Department of Health and Human Services for review and approval from the Minister for Health. If the proposal is approved by the Minister, applications to the Board of Hepburn Health for terms commencing 1 July 2020 will be considered for appointment to the board of the newly amalgamated health service.

Further information is available on our website https://hhs.vic.gov.au/.

These positions provide an exciting opportunity for members of the Victorian public with relevant experience and qualifications to contribute to the strategic leadership of public health care delivery to the community.

The Victorian Government is committed to ensuring boards and committees broadly reflect the diversity of the Victorian community. We welcome applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of all ages, people with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and intersex people.

Applications close at 5.00 pm Monday 2 December 2019.

Further information including how to apply, please visit www.health.vic.gov.au/governance

If you have any questions please contact Warren Anderson, Senior Program Advisor, Department of Health and Human Services on warren.anderson@dhhs.vic.gov.au               or Ph: 03 5333 6052.